Top 10 Highest Paying Jobs In Nigeria 2020: The discussion today will be about the top paying jobs in Nigeria today, and we will be listing and talking about just the top 10 for today.
When it comes to making a career choices or decisions, everyone wants the best, so in this article, we will talk about the “Top 10 Highest Paying Jobs In Nigeria” and their salaries.
Note that these highest paying jobs are not just for any average Nigerian, but they are influenced by ones level of education. This consist of jobs from multinationals, public and private companies as well as individuals owned businesses.
Top 10 Highest Paying Jobs In Nigeria
Now, let’s dive into it, below are the list of Jobs with the highest pay in Nigeria as at the time of making this publication, this will be constantly checked and updated as it changes.
This list is ranked from highest to lowest.
- Surgeon – N420,000
- Aeronautical Engineer – N410,000
- Project Manager – N321,000
- Petroleum Engineer – N294,000
- Sailor – N263,000
- Pilot – N210,000
- Investment Bankers – N194,000
- Dentist- N193,000
- Software Developer- N153,000
- Accountant – N126,000
Now let’s talk a little about what those jobs mentioned above do.
- Surgeon: A surgeon is a physician that treats diseases, injuries, ailments or defects via operative methods to restore/improve body tissues. In addition to leading the surgical team of doctors, nurses,anesthesiologist, surgical assistants and so on, the surgeon also issues the diagnosis of the patient, for performing the operation, and provides the patient with postoperative care after the surgery treatment together with any required treatment.There are many types of surgeons in Nigeria and they all pay well. However, the recent increase in demand for cosmetic surgeries in the country and comparative scarcity of plastic surgeons has made plastic/cosmetic surgery the highest paying surgical profession in Nigeria.
- Aeronautical Engineer: An aeronautical engineer is concerned with the design, development, construction and maintenance of aircraft (including spacecraft, missiles, navigation and weapon systems). In other words, they deal with the technical side of aviation.They calculate aircraft timescales, write manuals, calculate operating costs, evaluate flight safety, fuel efficiency and carbon emissions.
- Project Manager: A project manager coordinates the creation, endorsement of project plans while guaranteeing these activities are on schedule, within spending plan, and inside scope.
- Petroleum Engineer: Given that Nigeria is an oil producing country, it is of no surprise that petroleum engineers are some of the highest earning professionals in the country. A petroleum engineer designs and develops methods for extracting oil and gas from deposits below the surface of the Earth.It the duty of a petroleum engineer to determine how much oil and gas is in a reservoir, what method is most suitable extraction and the duration for which it would last.
- Sailor: A sailor is someone who works on traveler boats, tankers, and big hauler ships, exploring maritime vessels and helping with the support, activity, and administration of these vessels.
- Pilot: A pilot/aviator is the person who controls the flight of an aircraft. Pilots fly and navigate airplanes, cargo planes, helicopters and other types of aircraft. They are responsible for the safety of passengers and goods being transported as well as managing the crew team.
- Investment Bankers: Investment bankers act as middlemen to governments, companies and agencies. They help them raise funds by issuing stocks and securing loans.Basically, they are charged with raising capital investments. As an investment banker, you can find employment in hedge funds, private, commercial and investment banks, asset management agencies, consulting firms and so on
- Dentist: Dentists analyze and treat dental issues and assist patients with growing better oral cleanliness regimens. They clean teeth, perform medical procedures and extractions, and perform different obligations to guarantee that the teeth and mouth are healthy.
- Software Developer: Software development has to do with a set of activities that involve creating, designing, deploying and supporting software.Software developers are responsible for computer programs. They determine a need and then proffer a solution by analyzing, designing, testing and developing software that solve this need. They also design application systems and ensure they run smoothly.
- Accountant: An accountant prepares and reviews financial records. It is your duty as an accountant to audit an establishment’s books and records in order to ensure accuracy. They also make sure that taxes are filed appropriately and that the company is in compliance with appropriate financial regulations so as to ensure a smooth running of business.